The BCT assesses the candidate’s ability to use the Chinese language in real business or common working environments.
We offer the written test at our exam centre. There are two levels available: BCT A (lower level) and BCT B (higher level).
Online BCT resources are currently limited, so don’t be surprised if you can’t find very much when you search. We have resources and teaching materials in our resource library.
BCT exam dates
10 June 2018
- Register by 14 May 2018 via the University of Leeds online store.
- Results released 10 July 2018
4 November 2018
- Register by 10 October 2018 via the University of Leeds online store.
- Results released 4 December 2018
BCT exam fees
BCT A – £35
BCT B – £55
Please note that the exam fee is non-refundable. Please ensure that you have entered the correct fee for the level you are taking before beginning the booking process.
How to register for the exam
- Go to www.chinesetest.cn and log in as a test taker. If you don’t have an account, click on ‘New User’ to create one.
- Select the exam you would like to register for and complete the steps. Download these instructions if you need any help.
- Once you are registered on the Chinese Test website, you need to pay the exam centre (that’s us) to complete the registration. Pay your exam fee via the University of Leeds online store. You will need to take a note of the exam fee for your chosen level(s) and adjust the online payment manually to the appropriate amount.
Please ensure that you complete the above steps before the registration deadline.
Feel free to contact us if you require any assistance.
Information for registered candidates
Applicants will be issued with an admission ticket and directions to the test centre after we have processed your registration.
The time and place specified on the admission ticket may be subject to change. You will receive confirmation of your exam date and time prior to the exam.
You will need to bring the ticket and personal ID when attending the exam.