This competition is a fantastic opportunity for school students to practise and improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills.
Taking part in the competition:
- increases students’ motivation for learning the language
- develops vocabulary and improves pronunciation
- raises confidence for oral examinations
- encourages students to interact with their classmates
- inspires students to discover more about Chinese culture.
The above image (©Malcolm Harris) shows students performing at the competition final.
What is the prize?
A week in Beijing. Students will visit historical sites, interact with Chinese students and experience Chinese culture with the British Council, who have over twenty years’ experience in running cultural exchanges with China.
Applications for 2017/18
Applications for the 2017/18 competition are open: please complete the downloadable application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 12 October.
Visit the British Council website for full details and application forms. Good luck!